The Green Deal
Unravelling the Green Deal
“Through our “Green Deal”, we will encourage home energy efficiency improvements paid for by savings from energy bills. We will also take measures to improve energy efficiency in businesses and public sector buildings.”
The Coalition: Our Programme for Government (May 2010)
So how does the “Green Deal” work?
- Organisations receive a package of measures at no upfront cost from a “Green Deal provider.
- The cost of the measures is paid back over the long term through repayments made via energy bills.
- The payback period must be no longer than the life of the measure
- The cost of the repayments will be equal to or less than the likely energy bill savings (However this is only an estimate, so it is not guaranteed).
- The customers energy supplier will act as a conduit to pass the Green Deal repayments to the Green Deal provider.
- Green Deal finance will not be structured as a conventional loan: the customer will not be liable for the capital sum, only the repayments whilst they occupy the property.
- If the occupants of the property change, the obligation to pay the Green Deal charge on the energy bills will pass to the new occupier.
- The Green Deal will include the commercial sector, owner-occupiers, the private and social rented sectors.
“Autumn 2012, the first Green Deals will appear through a “managed launch” according to MP Greg Barker at this year’s Ecobuild 2012
- Are you looking to improve your buildings energy performance?
- Do you have light fittings over ten years old?
- Do you have uncontrollable heating?
- Are your energy bills increasing each year?
If you can answer yes to any of the above, then Chalmor is able to assist you in driving down your energy bills and carbon consumption.
Gearing up for the “Green Deal”
Chalmor for the past thirty years has been assisting public and private organisations to save energy and improve their buildings energy performance. We are already designing and aligning our product range in line with the Green Deal product criteria and will not sell you a product for the sake of it, our expert team will optimise a bespoke solution to ensure you achieve the best energy and carbon savings possible.